REPORT | Q4 2018

You are viewing an older update. There is a newer update available.
Previous Update: REPORT | Q4 2018
Secured
Thanks for the update and the work you've been doing.

What problem do you feel a Factom Name Service would solve in the short to medium term? I just don't see short to medium term usage of such a system justifying the development priority. Obviously you can develop what you want, but I think it'll largely be a wasted effort at this juncture when there is so much other work that would not be.

Secured
Thanks for the update and the work you've been doing.

What problem do you feel a Factom Name Service would solve in the short to medium term? I just don't see short to medium term usage of such a system justifying the development priority. Obviously you can develop what you want, but I think it'll largely be a wasted effort at this juncture when there is so much other work that would not be.
I see possible significant usage by FactomNet — protocol for hosting decentralized websites. But there is no sense to make such protocol without Factom Name System, so we described 2 this ideas together.

We are not going to develop FNS without discussion. First of all, more formal specification needed to be written.

I want to emphasise that such a big project can not be developed without community approval and grant funding, so good discussion should have place before start of any development here.

You are viewing an older update. There is a newer update available.