Remove the (r) from the Discord Factom Protocol Logo?

Public: Only invited members may reply

• Viewed BI Foundation BI Foundation Bedrock Solutions Bedrock Solutions Blockrock Mining Blockrock Mining BuildingIM BuildingIM Canonical Ledgers Canonical Ledgers Crypto Logic Crypto Logic Cube3 Cube3 DBGrow DBGrow David Chapman De Facto De Facto Factom Inc. Factom Inc. Factomatic Factomatic Factomize Factomize Factoshi Factoshi Federate This Federate This Go Immutable HashnStore HashnStore LUCIAP LUCIAP LayerTech Matter of Fact Matter of Fact Multicoin Capital Multicoin Capital Prestige IT Prestige IT RewardChain RewardChain Stamp-IT Stamp-IT The Factoid Authority The Factoid Authority VBIF VBIF
  • Not Viewed None

Should the (r) be removed from the Discord Factom Protocol logo?

• Keep it

Votes: 0 0.0%

All votes are in

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timed Discussion

Discussion ended:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Secured
The Factom discord is as decentralized as any discord can be, i.e. the are always "gods". We are not the only or even the most active moderators on the current discord. Changing the gods isn't going to make a discord more decentralized.

Scattering control of social outlets is maybe the only way we can ensure no one organization has control of all the social outlets.

To make that point harder, we will go with any decision that is allowed by trademark law.
And yet you consistently post in Guide-only channels and I no longer have the ability to delete your comments. If you can't figure out how to appropriately use your god powers, you should lose them.

Secured
And yet you consistently post in Guide-only channels and I no longer have the ability to delete your comments. If you can't figure out how to appropriately use your god powers, you should lose them.
This thread is not about the choice of which centralized party should run the Factom Protocol Discord, nor is the topic here the mechanism by which I happened to have made the same mistake two days running.

I think the phrase is that we should keep discussions on topic, is it not?

I believe what I said, that while we run the Discord, we run it for the community. That who runs it doesn't matter if they reasonably run the discord for the community and by the guidelines of the protocol. Part of that is what I said, we will put up the logo that people that is decided upon.

I didn't say I was perfect, and I am not sure my sins require removal from a position I have held from the beginning. If you do think so, then please set up a thread to discuss. Maybe everyone agrees with you. I am pretty sure if the consensus is that I should be replaced, we can figure out how to make that happen. But why bring that up here?

Secured
This thread is not about the choice of which centralized party should run the Factom Protocol Discord, nor is the topic here the mechanism by which I happened to have made the same mistake two days running.

I think the phrase is that we should keep discussions on topic, is it not?

I believe what I said, that while we run the Discord, we run it for the community. That who runs it doesn't matter if they reasonably run the discord for the community and by the guidelines of the protocol. Part of that is what I said, we will put up the logo that people that is decided upon.

I didn't say I was perfect, and I am not sure my sins require removal from a position I have held from the beginning. If you do think so, then please set up a thread to discuss. Maybe everyone agrees with you. I am pretty sure if the consensus is that I should be replaced, we can figure out how to make that happen. But why bring that up here?
You are right; this isn't the correct place to bring this up. My apologies.

Secured
I think we need to update the Brand Guidelines when we have decided when to not use the R, if it is decided so that is.
I'd highly recommend that the @Legal Working Group takes a look at this issue, since what's being discussed is specifically about legal agreements and risk.
Can you guys please share the Guidelines with the Legal Working Group? We can take a look and improve it if necessary. We should work with Factom Inc on the Guidelines as well to get their approval.

Secured
Can you guys please share the Guidelines with the Legal Working Group? We can take a look and improve it if necessary. We should work with Factom Inc on the Guidelines as well to get their approval.
Really it is simple trademark law, not anything specific or dictated by Factom Inc. Nonetheless, we wrote something up for easy reference, but I don't have it handy. I'll try and get it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.