Question for De Facto from Niels Klomp

Chappie

Factomize Bot
@De Facto,

@Niels Klomp asked the following question:

As BIF we are asking all ANOs these questions.

1. What type of parties would you see the protocol attract as users?
  2. Do you believe current governance to accommodate that?
  3. What is your take on current standing parties and types? Anything needing to change?
  4. Can you mention anything about decisiveness and decision making as well as direction?
  5. Do you believe you are qualified to vote on every single thing?
  6. Do you believe large institutions and governments could use the protocol with current governance as is?
  7. Do you believe parties can make long term commitments towards the protocol at this time?
  8. Do you believe you are doing everything in your power to address any concerns about the above?

Anton Ilzheev

De Facto
Exchange Working Group
Core Committee
Website Committee
Hey @Niels Klomp!
  1. What type of parties would you see the protocol attract as users?
    Direct users of the protocol, in my opinion, are:
    — BaaS / Software development companies
    — Companies with in-house development / Startups
    — Sole developers

2. Do you believe current governance to accommodate that?
    Current governance and ANOs structure is pretty balanced between developers and non-developers.
    Efficiencies also work well and with new standing parties system will eventually eliminate the frustration of under-delivery and efficiencies.
    But I think grant pool governance is far from perfect, maybe it's worth to redesign grant rounds at all — not sure if it's viable or makes sense at current prices, but I have some ideas of different grant pool design.

3. What is your take on current standing parties and types? Anything needing to change?
    Mostly answered above in p.2
    Additionally I would like to add strong incentive for holding tokens — e.g. in VeChain authority nodes have to stake significant amount of tokens to keep being validators — and also add token-holders votes (along side with Standing Parties) into important discussions / grant funds allocations / votings / etc.

4. Can you mention anything about decisiveness and decision making as well as direction?
    Not sure what you mean, could you explain?

5. Do you believe you are qualified to vote on every single thing?
    I have never had any problems of evaluating grant works / ANO contributions.

6. Do you believe large institutions and governments could use the protocol with current governance as is?
    Depends on what you mean by "use" — direct use or usage via service providers.
    Direct use is possible in case of having in-house development or not in such organizations.
    Usage via service providers is available for everyone.
    TL;DR; Yes, I believe they could use.

7. Do you believe parties can make long term commitments towards the protocol at this time?
    As one of such parties, I believe some parties can do it.

8. Do you believe you are doing everything in your power to address any concerns about the above?
    Yes.