Question for Cube3 from Niels Klomp

Chappie

Factomize Bot
@Cube3,

@Niels Klomp asked the following question:

As BIF we are asking all ANOs these questions.

1. What type of parties would you see the protocol attract as users?
  2. Do you believe current governance to accommodate that?
  3. What is your take on current standing parties and types? Anything needing to change?
  4. Can you mention anything about decisiveness and decision making as well as direction?
  5. Do you believe you are qualified to vote on every single thing?
  6. Do you believe large institutions and governments could use the protocol with current governance as is?
  7. Do you believe parties can make long term commitments towards the protocol at this time?
  8. Do you believe you are doing everything in your power to address any concerns about the above?

1 What type of parties would you see the protocol attract as users?
Governments
International travel
Health
Medicines and drugs
Logistics

2 Do you believe current governance to accommodate that?
No, I do not think that the current governance is focused on making Factom attractive to particular sectors.

3 What is your take on current standing parties and types? Anything needing to change?
I think that as a minimum there should be a standing party of token holders. In the future I question whether major customers should also be standing parties.

4 Can you mention anything about decisiveness and decision making as well as direction?
We have not established strategic direction. Without strategic direction we have been and will continue to be easily blown off course.

The above is a significant contributor to indecisiveness.

5 Do you believe you are qualified to vote on every single thing?
I think we are reasonably qualified to vote on a range of things, but not everything. Therefore I think we should actively consider how we promote delegation.

6 Do you believe large institutions and governments could use the protocol with current governance as is? I think large institutions and governments may not be entirely comfortable with our current governance. Our current governance has helped us make significant strides. When we consider that governance is the way that we direct all of our efforts it is worthwhile stepping back and doing whatever we need to do to redesign our governance model so that it can be significantly more effective.

7 Do you believe parties can make long term commitments towards the protocol at this time?
I would be surprised if parties would feel comfortable making long-term commitments to the protocol at the moment but given the right changes I see no reason why we would not be able to attract long term customers.

8 Do you believe you are doing everything in your power to address any concerns about the above?
Like most ANO's we have to balance where we put our efforts. Sometimes we have other business issues to attend to. However I do feel that Cube3 have been proactive in driving and supporting change. We are determined to continue to do so.