Question for Bedrock Solutions from Matt Osborne

David Kuiper

Bedrock Solutions
Hey @Matt Osborne. Thanks for the questions.

1. Our ANO updates provide a clear breakdown of our past grant and non-grant contributions, which you can find here https://factomize.com/forums/threads/end-of-2019-update.2695/.

At this time we are focusing on MyFactomWallet, which includes development and user support, and keeping up with community discussions and governance.

2. The MFW upgrades are a significant development effort. This type of work is continuous and does not end with a single upgrade. We have a much greater backlog of enhancements to MFW than we have the capacity to implement. This is not the kind of software where we can move fast and break things. People’s money is on the line, and there is no room for errors. There is a reason top crypto wallets have large funded development teams.

MFW is a critical piece of infrastructure to the Factom ecosystem. There is a lot of room for improvement and we are working hard to release the next version.

Matt Osborne

Go Immutable
Legal Working Group
Website Committee
1. Our ANO updates provide a clear breakdown of our past grant and non-grant contributions, which you can find here https://factomize.com/forums/threads/end-of-2019-update.2695/.
Hi David. I read your ANO contribution thread prior to my initial post and it was not entirely clear to me what was ANO Efficiency work and what was not. Per other ANO Contribution threads, having two sections labeled like the below can make things easier to understand for people like me :)
1. ANO Efficiency Contributions
2. Non-ANO Efficiency contributions

2. The MFW upgrades are a significant development effort. This type of work is continuous and does not end with a single upgrade. We have a much greater backlog of enhancements to MFW than we have the capacity to implement. This is not the kind of software where we can move fast and break things. People’s money is on the line, and there is no room for errors. There is a reason top crypto wallets have large funded development teams.

MFW is a critical piece of infrastructure to the Factom ecosystem. There is a lot of room for improvement and we are working hard to release the next version.
No argument here. I am just trying to understand the amount of time that is put into this on a monthly basis as well as what we can expect and when. That's all. Thanks!

David Kuiper

Bedrock Solutions
Hi David. I read your ANO contribution thread prior to my initial post and it was not entirely clear to me what was ANO Efficiency work and what was not. Per other ANO Contribution threads, having two sections labeled like the below can make things easier to understand for people like me :)
1. ANO Efficiency Contributions
2. Non-ANO Efficiency contributions
We have the same distinction in our updates. Anything that is not under a section named "Grants" should be considered part of our ANO efficiency contributions.

No argument here. I am just trying to understand the amount of time that is put into this on a monthly basis as well as what we can expect and when. That's all. Thanks!
This work is being done primarily by @Alex Goehring and myself. Between the two of us, we average working on MFW equal to a 1x FTE. I am not going to commit to a due-date due to the nature of the work, but we want to push out these releases as soon as possible.

Thanks!