Organizations involved with the Factom Protocol

Secured
Someone suggested at Discord that Paul could provide a list of any organization involved with Factom and it was suggested that the community would probably be quite capable of creating such a list. So let us have a go at it! I will include any organizatith that has had something to do with the protocol and have ANOs in a separate section.

I will update this first post of the thread when anyone posts additional organizations or descriptions that are more extensive or precise. We can use the following format:

Entity name (Focus of activities)
Link(s): Links to the organizations homepage or any articles that shows the connection
Description: Short summary of how the organization is connected to Factom

To make it easy to get a quick overview, each entry should just be a high-level overview. I will aim to make changes if there is a fundamental shift in status for an organization, but not otherwise track progress. If there is significant discussion about what an organization is doing with Factom, a separate thread can be created to discuss and I will include the link here.

I wrote up three examples for now and will add more later.

************************************************* Various organizations *******************************************************

American Alliance Transnational Corporation (Asset holdings)
Link(s): DBGrow's announcment on Factomize.com
Description: The ANOs DBGrow Inc. and LayerTech LLC will work with the holding company American Alliance Transnational Corporation to tokenize assets, using the Factom Asset Token (FAT) protocol. Initially two billion dollars’ worth of option contracts are to be tokenized. American Alliance Transnational Corporation has expressed interest in tokenizing a larger share of their asset holdings, possibly capturing all of their transactional value within the FAT protocol.

Bill & Melinda Gates foundation (Medical records)
Link(s): Factom Inc.'s homepage
Description: Factom Inc. is working with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation on developing a solution for managing medical records in developing countries

Equator (Mortgage services)
Link(s): Altisources's press release
Description: Equator, an Altisource business unit, will integrate Factom Inc’s Harmony platform into their Equator PRO solution. This will give Equator customers the opportunity to write recordation of data, documents and key events into the Factom block chain. The solution will make it possible to have an immutable audit trail for each loan and its workflow steps.

FPT Software (Information Technology provider)
Link(s): FPT Software's homepage
Description: FPT Software has made a partnership with Factom Inc. to develop a blockchain platform solution based on Factom Inc's Harmony solution. Furthermore FPT Software employees will be trained in using the Factom Protocol.

Kaula (Social security, personal information records management)
Link(s): Kaula's homepage
Description: Kaula is developing a framework for managing personal information records (such as medical, academic, governmental "passports") and a solution to document transactions within the Japanese social security system.

Sphereon (Content and blockchain Services Platform (API's & SDKs))
Link(s): https://sphereon.com
Description: Sphereon offers Content Services like document classification, named entity extraction, document conversion, as well as low level blockchain integrations with higher level blockchain proof API's. It supports Factom as it's public blockchain solution. Sphereon created blockchain integrations for MS Sharepoint, Office 365, MS Flow, Alfresco, Web Apps, Dutch government systems and 3rd party vendors. Currently it is doing more than 30 blockchain projects with different government agencies

US Department of Homeland Security (IoT devices)
Link(s): Factom Inc's homepage, DHoS homepage
Description: A grant was given to Factom Inc. to investigate how the protocol can be used to secure IoT devices. The project has moved into phase 4 where in-the-field testing will be conducted.

ValidSign (Digital signatures)
Link(s): Sphereon's announcement on their own homepage
Description: ValidSign and Sphereon has announced a strategic partnership. ValidSign is the market leader for Digital Signatures in the Netherlands and a major player in Europe. ValidSign will be combined with Sphereon's eSignum solution, making it possible to sign any file format in any process using Factom.

Victor and Company (commercial real estate)
Link(s): De Facto's announcement on Medium
Description: The ANO De Facto has made a development agreement Victor and Company, a real estate company that manages more than 400,000 square meters of commercial property in Russia. Factom will be integrated into several business processes in one of holding’s shopping malls - covering person counters, survelliance systems, ticket systems and accounting systems.

************************************************* Authority Node Operators *******************************************************

Last edited:
Secured
Sphereon
Link(s): https://sphereon.com
Description: Content and blockchain Services Platform (API's & SDKs)

Sphereon offers Content Services like document classification, named entity extraction, document conversion, as well as low level blockchain integrations with higher level blockchain proof API's. It supports Factom as it's public blockchain solution. Sphereon created blockchain integrations for MS Sharepoint, Office 365, MS Flow, Alfresco, Web Apps, Dutch government systems and 3rd party vendors. Currently it is doing more than 30 blockchain projects with different government agencies

Secured
I support this type of list, or "Directory" to be built. I think a slight adaptation of what was done for "companies using Elixir" here: https://elixir-companies.com/

Would be nice to have this built into the Factom Protocol website.

Maybe 2 separate lists which can be filtered by tags (optionally provided by the person who adds):
  1. organizations involved
    • title
    • description
    • links
    • associated grants
    • tags:
      • ANO (true/false)
  2. projects that relate to/are built on the Factom Blockchain
    • title
    • description
    • links (i.e demo videos, code repository, press releases, etc.)
    • associated grants
    • tags:
      • use case (i.e developer bootstrapping, BaaS, tokenization, digital identity, smart contracts, voting, etc.)
      • type (i.e library, baas, blockchain statistics, etc.)
      • associated organization(s) - links to organizations in list 1
      • middleware libraries/apis used - circular link to associated project page (i.e factom.js, Harmony Connect, etc.)
      • open source (true/false)
Of course, this is a quick, off the cuff "spec" that I'm sure can be improved with additional thought & input from others. My point here is that I greatly agree with the concept and, if it is to be truly kept up to date, it needs to live somewhere that the people contributing to it get value out of submitting info. I don't think we get that on a forum thread, but if it's on a public site that can be easily referenced and is indexed by search engines, we'll likely see better uptake.

Bonus points if factoshi.io contains meta stats about the growth of entities in both lists.

Last edited: