• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timed Discussion

Discussion ended:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Secured
Hi everybody,

As some of you are aware, the next tentative ANO election round is less then 3 weeks out, where the whole process takes roughly one month.
Some have raised some question about whether we have done enough "marketing" to attract new ANOs to the protocol, others feel that potential ANOs are already here and should feel the need and invest to become an ANO.

The process is tentatively planned for april 1st (see timeline screenshot). My personal opinion is that we should get the discussion going for the round after that to make sure we better market the protocol to the outside world to attract more parties/talent, but that it is too late now beside some social media posts to have something like that worked out for this round.

The main question is, should we leave the timeline as is, adjust it slightly to the right (few days, up to 2 weeks) or move it completely to the right after next grant rounds?

I would also like us to talk about, whether we want to attract additional ANOs outside of the organizations that already know about Factom at this stage? And if so ho we want to go about it. New talent in the ecosystem is important obviously, but do we expect to come from ANOs only or are there other means as well?

1552328197611.png

Chappie

Timed Discussion Bot
Secured
This thread is a Minor Timed Discussion and I am designed to help facilitate efficient communication.

Everyone may take part in this discussion and vote. Unless this discussion is ended early or extended, it will end in 3 days after which a vote may take place. After 18 hours from the start of the thread or any point up until 24 hours are left in the discussion, you can make a motion to end the discussion immediately or extend the discussion beyond it's initial time frame by selecting the pertinent button at the top of this thread. If someone "seconds" your motion, a poll will take place and if a majority of voters vote yes by the time the discussion is scheduled to end, the time period will be extended for 24 hours.

Secured
My personal opinion is that we should hold it at the tentative date. We have changes to the process incoming based on the working group. We have potential ANOs on current testnet. Any timeline is too short IMO to have proper new blood through social media, marketing, PR exposure anyway (even the June timeframe).

So my suggestion is to keep it as is, but make sure we start working ASAP on creating a strategy to attract new potential ANOs to the ecosystem. Ideally we have that discussion as part of a larger discussion/strategy to attract new talent to our ecosystem outside of ANOs as well (developers, community building etc)

Secured
Hi Niels thank you for this. Ideally we would hold the current timing but I would not object to a 2 week delay in order to finalise the new 60:40 voting process and do some basic testing of it. I don't think we should delay any more than that.

Secured
Opened Factomize to create discussion about next ANO elections, but found that it already exists :)

Is there a working group for ANO elections organizing?
We need to prepare announcements, tweets, maybe some banners for reddit/twitter.
And make the announcements.
Hi Anton,
There is a Working Group (or Research Group) which is currently focused on the election process but NOT the announcement process. This group comprises Julian, NicR and myself. We will shortly post a ratification discussion for the new election process as a once off for this next round. Naturally there is some overlap here and, if you remember I shared a proposed web text to potentially serve as an introduction to new applicants using the new process via Discord. We would be very happy to link up but do need to ensure that once an election is started we can conduct it as we need to. Happy to answer any questions you have on the subject.:)

Chappie

Timed Discussion Bot
Secured
We are now 18 hours into the discussion. If you have taken part in the thread, you may now make a motion to extend this Minor Discussion by 24 hours or end this conversation by selecting the pertinent button at the top of this thread. This option will end when there are 24 hours left in the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.