Multicoin Capital: Initial Pledges

You are viewing an older update. There is a newer update available.
Previous Update: Multicoin Capital: Initial Pledges
Secured
-----------------------------------
ORIGINAL PLEDGES START
-MARKETING

--Help bring Factom to the clinical trials industry

--Introductions to institutional investors

--Educating institutional investors

--Write about experiences in Factom governance publicly on the Multicoin blog

--Distribute our Factom-specific content through our social and other channels

--Advocate FCT to OTC providers and Exchanges for inclusion

--Active members in the governance of the Factom protocol

-TESTNET

--Two testnet nodes

ORIGINAL PLEDGES END
Relevant links:
- Forum Q+A
- Aggregated pledges
- Application
- Supporting documents

Secured
@Ben Sparango I appreciate that analysis, and from what I have seen it created some nice awareness, but that was about 18 months ago. MC was awarded ANO status largely because of pledged exposure that MC would generate for Factom, I hardly feel that a year and a half old article, about a year before MC was awarded ANO status, is suitable to fulfill forward-looking pledges that were made.

How about we even start with including Factom in articles where general cryptocurrency concepts are discussed rather than factom specific articles?

Even in the post "The Web3 stack", where MC talks about literally dozens of tokens and what their role in the future web stack could be, Factom is not mentioned once. I find this puzzling.

MC has created a good brand and platform to create exposure for blockchain projects. This is something that Factom needs, and even minimal leveraging of this platform could be very beneficial to the protocol. If MC will do that, fantastic, and we have a ton of people that would be happy to provide knowledge for such posts. If not, then that would be good information for us to have.

Secured
@Ben Sparango I appreciate that analysis, and from what I have seen it created some nice awareness, but that was about 18 months ago. MC was awarded ANO status largely because of pledged exposure that MC would generate for Factom, I hardly feel that a year and a half old article, about a year before MC was awarded ANO status, is suitable to fulfill forward-looking pledges that were made.

How about we even start with including Factom in articles where general cryptocurrency concepts are discussed rather than factom specific articles?

Even in the post "The Web3 stack", where MC talks about literally dozens of tokens and what their role in the future web stack could be, Factom is not mentioned once. I find this puzzling.

MC has created a good brand and platform to create exposure for blockchain projects. This is something that Factom needs, and even minimal leveraging of this platform could be very beneficial to the protocol. If MC will do that, fantastic, and we have a ton of people that would be happy to provide knowledge for such posts. If not, then that would be good information for us to have.
Julian,

We appreciate your questions, however the Web 3 Stack blog post was written in July of 2018. Roughly 4 months before Multicoin became an ANO and we released these pledges. Since officially becoming an ANO, the blogs that have been published to the Multicoin website have been ones that would have been difficult to mention Factom. (Most have been updates to our investor base on things like new deals/our summit announcement and recap)

We will still be making a statement in the coming days regarding Multicoin's ANO initiatives and are happy to address any other questions or concerns the community may have at that time.

Secured
Just so you are aware, the following 2 articles, "100 Trillion" and "The evolving role of crypto investors", published on Oct 9th and 23rd, were long after elected, and both offered ample opportunity for discussion of the factom protocol.

The latter publication focuses on ways in which crypto investors can achieve a large degree of involvement in their investments, which can strengthen that investment over time.

It even contains a large section dedicated to discussing how investors can do work within their investments governance structure and can run consensus nodes within those projects, for which MC gives multiple specific examples. This certainly sounds like it wouldn't be too difficult to mention Factom, as that describes an ANO position within the Factom Protocol.

I don't mean this conversation thread to pressure MC into making content they don't want to make. I'm only seeking clarity on what MC's plans are, and I look forward to seeing your post on MC's coming initiatives.

You are viewing an older update. There is a newer update available.