Late [Marketing Committee-2] Rebranding Services

Chappie

Factomize Bot
Pending
This is your grant tracking thread. Below, you will find information from your original grant.

Grant Proposal
https://factomize.com/forums/threads/marketing-committee-2-rebranding-services.2282/

ANO / Committee
Group: Marketing Committee
FCT address: FA3i8WbLoRvmWmpRLEBYENLZdEBK9TNG74UWrvHAGWgAyW11iHBu
FCT: 10000

Total FCT Requested

Start Date
2019-09-01

Completion Date
2019-10-31

Success Criteria
  1. Brand identity
    • A blog post with ‘our story’
    • A new name selected and voted on
    • Domain(s) registere
    • SM accounts created
  2. Visual identity
    • A new logo
    • A new style guide
  3. Legal groundwork
    • A report on trademark and copyright published

Timelines and Milestones
M1 Engage with outside branding professionals
  • Grant payout date -/- 2 weeks

M2 Proposal of shortlist of 3 names for voting by the Factom Community
  • Grant payout date

M3 Domain registration and social media accounts created
  • Grant payout date + 4 weeks

M4 Proposal of 3 styles for voting by the Factom Community
  • Grant payout date + 4 weeks

Budget
This grant is seeking 10,000 FCT which will be liquidated to pay for the following:
  • Fees for external professionals
    • Brand identity
    • Visual identity
    • Legal groundwork
  • Various out of pocket expenses, such as
    • Travel (if needed)
    • Registration fees and/or taxes
    • or similar
If the price of FCT drops significantly between the grant application and grant payout and we have to sell at less than ideal prices, we will be entitled to limit the work or request and addition (backward payable) grant from the community.

If the price of FCT increases substantial between the grant application and grant payout and we are able to capitalize on this from a selling standpoint, the unexpected revenue will be made available for the next grant round.

The grant will be administered by Maarten Boender on behalf of the Marketing Committee.

Chappie

Factomize Bot
Secured
@mboender @Marketing Committee

Today is your grant start date! We look forward to regular updates from your team.

When you are ready for the final determination poll, first summarize the grant and self score then go to the thread tools dropdown at the top right and select "Create Final Determination Poll".

Secured
I don't know if I'm reading the timeline of this project incorrectly, but shouldn't there be at least one grant update by now? Thank you.
You just beat me to it ;-)

I would like to share an update on the Rebranding Grant.

Since the grant was awarded, we formed a Workgroup with 6 members: Anton Ilzheev, Damien Michael Nichols, Dominic Luxford, Emile van Vijfeijken, Greg Forst, and myself.

We had several online meetings, a few in person and a lot of discussions on Discord.

Between the community, the workgroup and the professionals, 50+ brand names were proposed and discussed, resulting in a current shortlist of 6 brand names.

The names on the shortlist will now be checked for trademark issues. We’re also locking down the domains (.com, .org and/or .io). Some of those were available, others we would have to buy. Of those, for some the price is known, others need to be researched and negotiated.

We already have identified some problems with some of the 6 names. We’re most likely going to replace these names with others in order to have not less than 5 names for the community to choose from.

Depending on the time it takes to do the trademark research, we will then present the names on the shortlist to the community in a video conference and upload the video and presentation to the Discord channel. The wider community will be able to discuss these on Discord.

The Factom Governance requires to have the name change be approved by both 80% of the Guides, as well as 60% of the ANOs.
For this we intend to hold two rounds of voting on the Factomize forum. The first voting round will be to vote on the names to determine which name receives the most votes. The second vote will be for the approval of that name by the Guides and ANOs.

Secured
The legal committee did a trademark check in order to discover potential problems with the names on the short-list. Unfortunately, several of the promising names fell out, which is a setback because we now have to go back to the long-list. And again do the trademark check.

We're planning a WG meeting this Thursday (10/24) to discuss a new timeline. My estimate at this point is another 2-3 weeks before we can open up for a discussion on names.

Secured
The legal committee did a trademark check in order to discover potential problems with the names on the short-list. Unfortunately, several of the promising names fell out, which is a setback because we now have to go back to the long-list. And again do the trademark check.

We're planning a WG meeting this Thursday (10/24) to discuss a new timeline. My estimate at this point is another 2-3 weeks before we can open up for a discussion on names.
Makes sense, it's a difficult process. Thanks for the hard work and the update!

Chappie

Factomize Bot
Secured
@mboender @Marketing Committee, your specified completion date has now passed. Will you please update us on the status of your grant?

If it is completed, please first summarize the grant and self score then go to the thread tools dropdown at the top right and select "Create Final Determination Poll".