Input Needed - Designing an Authority Node Operator Information Page for FactomProtocol.org

Unrestricted Public Thread

• Viewed BI Foundation BI Foundation Bedrock Solutions Bedrock Solutions Blockrock Mining Blockrock Mining BuildingIM BuildingIM Canonical Ledgers Canonical Ledgers Crypto Vikings Crypto Vikings Cube3 Cube3 David Chapman De Facto De Facto Factom Inc. Factom Inc. Factomatic Factomatic Factomize Factomize Factoshi Factoshi Federate This Federate This Go Immutable Guides HashnStore HashnStore LUCIAP LUCIAP LayerTech Matter of Fact Matter of Fact Multicoin Capital Multicoin Capital Prestige IT Prestige IT RewardChain RewardChain Stamp-IT Stamp-IT The Factoid Authority The Factoid Authority VBIF VBIF
  • Not Viewed DBGrow DBGrow Syncroblock Syncroblock
Secured
Greetings Everyone,

Factomize is designing an ANO information page that will use the forum's permissions systems but look like a normal webpage on FactomProtocol.org. It will tie into the forum permissions so that we can easily populate team members and pictures (avatars) as well as showcase different information to different usergroups. For example, we can show certain information just to ANOs and Guides so that this page can be used by ANOs as a contact list. The following is the list of fields we currently have and are looking for feedback on them as well as suggestions for additional fields for everyone to see or only ANOs / Guides to see.

Bold will only be visible to other ANOs

ANO Name
Description
Website URL
Twitter
Link to ANO Contributions Thread

ANO Leadership
Names(s) / Titles
Pictures
LinkedIn
Email
Phone

ANO Team Members
Names(s) / Titles
Pictures
LinkedIn
Email
Phone

Last edited:
Secured
Some quick feedback:
- I don't think any of this information should be required for ANO-members (names, phone, email). If members want to stay slightly obscure for personal reasons (don't want to be associated with crypto or live in a country where you can easily find a persons address based on their name)
- "Visible for ANOs" should be restated as "Standing parties"
- There could also be a small "other"-field where the ANO could add other information (when they got elected, completed projects/grants etc).

Secured
Some quick feedback:
- I don't think any of this information should be required for ANO-members (names, phone, email). If members want to stay slightly obscure for personal reasons (don't want to be associated with crypto or live in a country where you can easily find a persons address based on their name)
- "Visible for ANOs" should be restated as "Standing parties"
- There could also be a small "other"-field where the ANO could add other information (when they got elected, completed projects/grants etc).
1. None of it will be required for members.
2. I don't want my phone number visible to all FCT Holders. When we have additional types of Standing Parties, we can implement new permissions for them.
3. Rather than an "Other" field, how about a link to the ANO's ANO Contribution Thread where they can provide updates on that stuff?

Secured
1. None of it will be required for members.
2. I don't want my phone number visible to all FCT Holders. When we have additional types of Standing Parties, we can implement new permissions for them.
3. Rather than an "Other" field, how about a link to the ANO's ANO Contribution Thread where they can provide updates on that stuff?
1) Great.
2) Fair enough; do "Guides+ANOs then" ?
3) Sure. Or both. I was just thinking a field with 1-5 lines of text where an ANO could quickly present what they are about ("We are an infrastructure ANO at 60% efficiency trying to stay on top of community discussions and interacting with the community as much as possible")... Or something like that.

Secured
1) Great.
2) Fair enough; do "Guides+ANOs then" ?
3) Sure. Or both. I was just thinking a field with 1-5 lines of text where an ANO could quickly present what they are about ("We are an infrastructure ANO at 60% efficiency trying to stay on top of community discussions and interacting with the community as much as possible")... Or something like that.
2. That's the plan.
3. That's the idea behind "Description". ANOs can populate that with whatever they want.

Secured
I would prefer a separate page for each committee to be listed on publically. That page would contain:

Members (links to ANO team member profiles)
Link to membership application form
Link to meeting minutes/monthly reports
Mission statement / reason to exist
Contact details

All those details can be public, right?
Yep, our thoughts are similar and we plan to implement that in the future. I agree it would be valuable to have :) These will be separate modifications though.

Secured
(Matthias from HNS - I do not have yet my tag)

Thanks for this thread and for progressing on the Factom neutral website!

Concerning the fields, HashnStore is fine with that as long as personnal information are not mandatory (it will be the case based on Quint and Dchap comments).
For the implementation, we think it is better to allow ANOs to keep full control of their data. On our point of view, the best option is:
- Create a dedicated webpage for each ANO (as already proposed)
- Populate the information based on a JSON hosted on the ANO website
(if too complicated simply let ANOs provide all data as proposed by Ilzheev - but the JSON option is really the best one)
- Factomize and all other Factom related websites will then synchronize with these data (based on the FactomProtocol.org website or directly based on the ANO JSON)

Secured
(Matthias from HNS - I do not have yet my tag)

Thanks for this thread and for progressing on the Factom neutral website!

Concerning the fields, HashnStore is fine with that as long as personnal information are not mandatory (it will be the case based on Quint and Dchap comments).
For the implementation, we think it is better to allow ANOs to keep full control of their data. On our point of view, the best option is:
- Create a dedicated webpage for each ANO (as already proposed)
- Populate the information based on a JSON hosted on the ANO website
(if too complicated simply let ANOs provide all data as proposed by Ilzheev - but the JSON option is really the best one)
- Factomize and all other Factom related websites will then synchronize with these data (based on the FactomProtocol.org website or directly based on the ANO JSON)
To put it bluntly, having a standardized API page, hosted on every ANO website, to automatically collect ANOs details. It's best for GDPR reasons too if any personal data is revealed, nothing is stored on the neutral website, and ANOs keep full control of what they wish to display.

Secured
To put it bluntly, having a standardized API page, hosted on every ANO website, to automatically collect ANOs details. It's best for GDPR reasons too if any personal data is revealed, nothing is stored on the neutral website, and ANOs keep full control of what they wish to display.
A similar thing can be achieved with Google Forms without ANOs needing to build an API. We can do what Factoshi did with the ANO locations for factoshi.io.