This timed discussion is the first step in a creating a process to govern matters relating to Guides. The main things to address are Guide elections and removal but I want to crowd source what other things should be included in this process. The goal of this discussion is to flesh out the main ideas to be included in the document so I can draft it up and have legal review it before we take it to the ratification process. I'll keep an updated list of points in this thread so we can keep track of what the consensus is on various items.
- What is the length of a Guide's term?
- Are there any term limits?
- What is the process for holding elections?
- Should elections be staggered to ensure Guide continuity or should Guides all be elected at once?
- What are causes that justify a Guide's removal?
- What is the process for initiating a Guide removal and what is the required vote threshold?