Guide Pay: December 2018 Review

Public: Only invited members may reply

• Viewed Alex BI Foundation BI Foundation Bedrock Solutions Bedrock Solutions Blockrock Mining Blockrock Mining Brian Deery BuildingIM BuildingIM Canonical Ledgers Canonical Ledgers Crypto Vikings Crypto Vikings Cube3 Cube3 DBGrow DBGrow De Facto De Facto Factom Inc. Factom Inc. Factomatic Factomatic Factomize Factomize Factoshi Factoshi Federate This Federate This Go Immutable HashnStore HashnStore Julian Fletcher-Taylor LUCIAP LUCIAP LayerTech Matter of Fact Matter of Fact Multicoin Capital Multicoin Capital Niels Klomp Prestige IT Prestige IT RewardChain RewardChain Samuel Vanderwaal Stamp-IT Stamp-IT The Factoid Authority The Factoid Authority Tor Paulsen VBIF VBIF
  • Not Viewed Syncroblock Syncroblock

Timed Discussion

Discussion ended:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chappie

Timed Discussion Bot
Secured
Alex has seconded the motion to end the discussion early.

A motion is now active at the top of this thread to vote if you want to end the discussion early and move on the next phase. A majority voting yes will pass the motion and the discussion will be closed immediately. This vote will remain open until the normal discussion period ends or another motion is passed.

Secured
keep in mind some of the ideation that @PaulSnow had earlier, where eventually the guide position could become more of an office with a staff rather than just an individual working from their living room. They would need offices, employees, enough people to cover during vacations, etc. When the protocol gets big enough, it can fund thins kind of overhead.

Secured
I believe guides fill a role that is necessary and strangely missing from other crypto projects... Someone to balance developer ideals with business ideals, investor ideals, promotion ideals, and more.

I do believe the role is important and time consuming and we may well extend its life past just the need to have a way to work around automation that we don't have yet.

Or not. This blue guy @Chappie that keeps posting is pretty efficient I think, as long as he can stay awake.

Status
Not open for further replies.