DEV | Factom® Enterprise API public launch

You are viewing an older update. There is a newer update available.
Previous Update: DEV | Factom® Enterprise API public launch
Secured
Very nice work Anton. So this is basically a SAAS product similar to what Factom Inc offers? In what ways is this different than Factom Inc's SAAS product (harmony)? What are your next plans for this? Are you looking to market & grow it as its own project? I'm curious to know the long term plans of this.

Secured
@liveanddie Yes, it’s BaaS/SaaS product for our clients & partners.

Comparing to Inc’s Harmony, it’s the same optimized for writing data, and less optimized for reading data (we haven’t search chains/entries functions yet). So the subscription price is twice less, than Harmony.

Also we provide Pay-as-you-go plan, when you pay only for writes you made (even if you need just a dozen of records per month) without minimal tier.

Our long-term strategy contains:
1. Integrate Enterprise API into existing software (by partners, sharing revenue with them)
2. Sell Enterprise API to clients directly

We will onboard our first client using this API within few weeks, and we have also some great ideas about further expansion in Russia, CIS & Europe :)

Secured
@liveanddie Yes, it’s BaaS/SaaS product for our clients & partners.

Comparing to Inc’s Harmony, it’s the same optimized for writing data, and less optimized for reading data (we haven’t search chains/entries functions yet). So the subscription price is twice less, than Harmony.

Also we provide Pay-as-you-go plan, when you pay only for writes you made (even if you need just a dozen of records per month) without minimal tier.

Our long-term strategy contains:
1. Integrate Enterprise API into existing software (by partners, sharing revenue with them)
2. Sell Enterprise API to clients directly

We will onboard our first client using this API within few weeks, and we have also some great ideas about further expansion in Russia, CIS & Europe :)

What are your thoughts on the fact that this is duplicated work from Factom Inc's? I get it that Factom Inc owns Harmony so that's the big difference or? You own this product rather than growing Factom Incs harmony.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around the value of having multiple Enterprise API solutions that do the same thing. It seems profit margins and independence are the main factors. Anything else? Is this open source by the way and can I replicate the exact same product as my own?

How to provide the most value to the protocol and to yourself with this product?

Secured
What are your thoughts on the fact that this is duplicated work from Factom Inc's? I get it that Factom Inc owns Harmony so that's the big difference or? You own this product rather than growing Factom Incs harmony.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around the value of having multiple Enterprise API solutions that do the same thing. It seems profit margins and independence are the main factors. Anything else? Is this open source by the way and can I replicate the exact same product as my own?

How to provide the most value to the protocol and to yourself with this product?
Some dev ANOs have own private solutions. The competition is always good. I have no problems that Inc, De Facto & Sphereon use different solutions and sell it. It’s just a business — as lower your expenses, as more money you will earn.

Regarding your question about open-source: recently we presented our upcoming grant project — the open-source API with rich functions, callbacks and subscriptions to chains.

It’s called Factom Open API.
Look at this Factomize thread and attached file there for more information:
https://factomize.com/forums/thread...t-graphql-open-source-factom-api-server.1480/

This project has to provide the protocol usage growth by attracting multiple new parties that will start using it (because of lowering the entry threshold for everyone). Also Operators with no own products may use and sell it.

I consider this project is very important for the ecosystem.

You are viewing an older update. There is a newer update available.