October was an extremely busy month for Factomize and we’re proud of the work we’ve done.
Factomize has been hard and work designing and developing a series of software modifications that will improve the transparency and efficiency of Factom Governance. These include:
– Polling Improvements – This modification allowed for Guide and ANO only votes and created a means for inputting a specific number in a poll which will be used in the current grant round to rank votes.
– Timed Permission System – The Timed Permission system is a moderated discussion system for “Minor” and “Major” discussions. We found we needed to standardize discussion and vote lengths and this system does that while also implementing Robert’s Rules …
As we wrote our August update approximately one month ago, we found ourselves frustrated. We were frustrated because, as an infrastructure ANO, we didn’t feel like we were contributing in an optimal manner as we have specialized skills that can help further the Factom protocol. As a result, on September 2nd, we wrote this thread where we shopped around the idea of becoming a development ANO. The reception was warm enough that we decided to proceed and on September 10th we posted our project development thread and began work. We anticipate most of our early projects will focus on improving the efficiency and transparency of Factom governance via the Factomize forum. The first project we delivered was our “Custom …
August saw Factomize reclaim its status as an infrastructure ANO after raising its efficiency back up to 60% and declaring its development of the Factomize Forum Addon complete. We believe the addon is currently the largest user of EC for the Protocol which makes us 20% proud and 80% depressed.
The reality is, at this juncture, being an infrastructure ANO is pretty damn boring. As we start to get callouses on our twiddling thumbs, we find ourselves frustrated as we understand we need plenty of FCT in the grant pool for important dev work while at the same time, we have identified processes that Factomize developers could automate for greater efficiency and transparency. In addition, we have a lot of …
When Factomize campaigned to become a Factom Authority Node, we stated the following in the development section of our campaign document:
As part of this initiative, we will be building tools that allow content submitted to blogs and forums to be easily, “Factomized” to prove ownership and that it hasn’t been modified.
Factomize and Canonical Ledgers are pleased to announce that we have successfully built and deployed an add-on that automatically submits content posted to the Factomize forum. Here is a copy of the “press release” that was posted on FactomBeat:
Monday 30 July 2018, Canonical Ledgers and Factomize announced a progressed partnership to develop a Factomize Forum Content Addon for xenForo forum software. The add-on secures, and …
Factomize is excited to announce that in partnership with ANO Canonical Ledgers, we have developed a new project that showcases the functionality of the Factom Protocol. This add-on will automatically “Factomize” any threads or posts created on the community forum. Each thread will have its own chain on Factom, and posts within that thread will be entries in the chain. This application will use Entry Credits to add hashes of this data to the immutable ledger and demonstrates a promising use-case for this technology. With this project, Factomize is able to illustrate the potential for blockchain to be integrated into platforms such as Xenforo forum, WordPress blogging, or Drupal content management software to validate …
In late April Factomize LLC was chosen as one of the first 21 Factom Authority Nodes. As part of our campaign for an Authority Node, we stated our goals were:
1. Maximize deferment to the Protocol Grant Pool to ensure critical Protocol development.
2. Provide a highly stable, scalable Authority Node or Nodes for the Network with 24/7 monitoring and response.
3. Manage capital and expenses in a manner where the financial stability and ability to scale the Authority Node(s) is ensured no matter the price of the Factoid and Bitcoin.
4. Create a community portal to improve communication and information dissemination.
We’d like to update you where we’re at with these goals:
1. We promised a minimum of …